Current bin collection issues
We are not aware of any large scale problems with bins, but we will sometimes have a small number of streets where we cannot collect them due to parked cars, roadworks or other operational issues.
If your bin is due for collection and the whole street has been missed, please leave it out and we'll return the next day. If your bin is not emptied by lunchtime the following day, please report a missed bin collection.
Please let any friends, family, or neighbours without internet access know about these arrangements.
We are currently operating a full service and we are not aware of any problems with street cleaning, litter bins and collection of large items.
Report an issue and sign up for service updates
We can let you know when there is a problem in your area, if you sign up for updates.
You can report a problem to us:
- Report a problem with waste or recycling collection
- Report a problem with a collection of large items
- Report litter or fly-tipping
- Report another waste issue
- Food and garden recycling will only be collected if it is inside the correct bin
- You can squash / flatten your recycling as much as possible - cardboard and plastic bottles etc - to fit more in your correct bins
- All your cardboard and paper must be inside your blue bin. Excess cardboard can be recycled at a Household Waste Recycling Centre (tip)
- Check your bin days or sign up for weekly emailed reminders about when to put your bins out.
Tips and recycling centres
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority manage Manchester's facilities, which are at:
- Reliance Street, Newton Heath, M40 3EZ
- Longley Lane, Sharston, M22 4RQ
- Sandfold Lane, Levenshulme, M19 3BJ
Full details are on the Recycle for Greater Manchester website, including opening times and health and safety guidance. You can follow @recycle4gm on twitter for updates.
View traffic situation before setting off:
- Reliance Street, Newton Heath
- Longley Lane, Sharston
- Sandfold Lane Levenshulme
- Search for alternative Greater Manchester tips
See Recycle for Greater Manchester's A to Z guide for what items you can take to the tips.
Please do not leave any waste outside the Tips or Recycling Centres – leaving waste outside the centres or anywhere else is classed as fly tipping and is a criminal offence for which people will be prosecuted.