Manchester City Council

Crime, antisocial behaviour & nuisance Student safety

Student safety: Useful contact numbers

Reporting a crime

  • If you need to contact the Police for non-emergency incidents, call 101. Calls only cost 15 pence, no matter how long they last
  • In an emergency, where there is a threat to life or a crime in progress, call 999 
  • You can call Crimestoppers anonymously with information about crime on 0800 555 111.  Crimestoppers is an independent charity that will not want your name, just your information.  Your call will not be traced or recorded and you do not have to give a statement or go to court

Reporting anti social behaviour
If you are a private tenant experiencing anti social behaviour call the Anti-Social Behaviour Action Team on 0161 234 4612. or email

The Hate Crime Report Line

Allows Manchester residents and their visitors to report incidents if they feel they have been treated differently because of race, religion, gender or disability. 

Freephone:0800 083 0007

Manchester City Council

For all Manchester City Council services, including Manchester Advice and private housing or tenancy issues, call 0161 234 5000 or visit

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?