Homes and property Rent arrears and mortgage debt

If you own your home

Get free legal advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau's Community Legal Advice Services

If you're at risk of having your home repossessed, you can get advice and support from the Repossession Prevention Service.

You can also get help and support from the Personal Support Unit if you have to go to court, without legal representation, for:

  • possession claims for rent or mortgage arrears
  • eviction warrants
  • enforcement of debts (court bailiffs, charging orders)
  • bankruptcy petitions
  • administration orders

They don't offer legal advice or representation, but can direct you to others who can. They also assist in other ways, such as moral support, help filling out forms and more. See the full range of services on the PSU website.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.