Homes and property Council and housing association homes

Council housing

All council housing in the city is run by independent companies on our behalf. We own the properties, and people living in them are council tenants by law.

But all housing services - repairs, rent, rehousing and so on - are delivered by the independent companies.

If you live in a property owned by Manchester City Council, contact the organisation that manages your home for all your housing services. 

We also have advice for problems in your home.  

Looking for a council home

If you want to apply for a council or housing association home, read more about rehousing and finding a home.

Buying your council home

If you live in a property owned by Manchester City Council, you have the legal right to buy your home, even if it is managed by another organisation.

Right to Buy: information and application

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.