Help if you are at risk of losing your home
If you are at risk of becoming homeless, by acting quickly we may be able to help you avoid it.
(Different advice applies if you've already lost your home.)
There are other support and advice services that can help you to understand your options.
- Shelter - a national charity with housing advice on a range of issues.
- Citizen's Advice - impartial advice and information about housing, benefits, debt, work and more
- Cheetham Hill Advice Centre - local support with with housing, benefits, debt problems and more
- Centrepoint - help and support for young people aged 18 - 25
- GM Law centre - legal advice for tenants
- Manchester Move - social housing in Manchester
There are also a number of advice services that can help with the things that might be causing your homelessness, or making your problem worse.
You can get help if you are:
- leaving an abusive relationship
- serving, or have served, in the armed forces
- going to be, or have been released from prison or youth detention
- leaving hospital
- living with a mental illness or impairment
- being asked to leave your property - Section 21
- 16 to 17 years old
- care leaver
We can also help if you are already homeless.