Report flytipping

Before you start

Fly-tipping is the dumping of rubbish or unwanted items either on land or in water. It can include bin bags, furniture, mattresses, carpet, fridges, washing machines and cookers.

You can report fly-tipping without signing in, but if you witnessed the rubbish being dumped and can provide a statement, you'll need to sign in to your account. If you don't already have one, create a customer account now.

1. If the problem is:

  • in a garden or other land attached to someone’s home, contact the homeowner.
  • on land attached to a shop, pub, factory or other commercial building, contact the person who owns the land.
  • on a canal, river, or railway, do not report it here: get advice about clearing canal, river, or railway
  • a shopping trolley that has been dumped, call Trollywise on 01926 451951 or email 

2. If there is an immediate and serious threat to safety, get advice about an immediate safety risk.

3. If the rubbish is dumped next to a communal bin, don't report it now. Check again after the next collection and report it then if it's still there. See bin collection dates.

4. If it's an obstruction caused by something like a skip or unauthorised structure, do not report it here: report it as an obstruction

Using this form:

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page.

Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on.

Questions marked * can't be left blank.