Money off your council tax: single adult

If you live on your own, or if all the people in your household are under 18, you get 25% off your council tax bill.

It's called a 'single person's discount'.

In some circumstances you can get more money off, or even pay no council tax at all: if you are a student on your own for example.

If the property you are applying for is empty use the empty property form instead.

If you would like to tell us you no longer live alone and no longer qualify for a discount please complete a change of circumstances form.

Using this form:

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page. Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on. Questions marked * can't be left blank.