Manchester City Council

Social care & support Help for someone who needs care or support

Who we can help

Unlike health services, all social care services are not free. To help us see if you are eligible for funding towards the cost of your ongoing support, we use the Government guidance - Fair Access to Care Services. This is sometimes known as FACS.

FACS uses four levels to describe how much support someone needs. These are Low, Moderate, Substantial and Critical.

We provide support packages for adults with needs assessed as substantial or critical. If you have needs which are assessed as low or moderate then there may be help and support available in the community which we can tell you about or, you could choose to buy services from the Council or another provider.

You can find out more about FACS here.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?