There are plenty of things for young people to do at libraries.
The Moss Side Powerhouse Library
Offering free facilities for 8 to 25 year olds, including a young people's library, the Powerhouse also has youth clubs, a Connexions advice centre, a sports hall and is home to Manchester Young Lives. There are events and activities from sports to arts and crafts and homework clubs for all ages.
Come and use the computers, borrow books and CD's, flick through the magazines or just sit, chat and chill with your friends.
Become a member of our libraries and you can take advantage of a host of facilities:
- computers are available to reserve and can be booked using your library ticket
- find useful information for GCSE and A-Level revision, including exam guides
- find information on how to write a CV and what to do at a job interview
- find collections of stories by popular teenage authors, from Jacqueline Wilson to Philip Pullman
- into graphic novels? We've everything from Batman and the X-Men, to manga titles and books on how to draw your own comic strips
- borrow CD's for a small charge, some libraries also have videos, DVD's and videogames for hire.
Looking for more activities and events?