Activities and events
Talks - are usually held on Wednesdays once or twice a month, for further information see the events calendar.
Education Programmes - Wythenshawe Park has produced a booklet of environmental-based activities. These can either be just for fun or can form part of a programme of learning for the National Curriculum. For availability, please call 0161 998 2117.
Health Walk - every Tuesday - 1pm and 2pm starts. Meet at the main car park. The walk at 1pm is for quicker walkers.
Second Chance Cycling Club - every Tuesday and Thursday 10am - 12noon. All abilities. If you don't have a bike you can hire one for the session. Meet at the Athletics track. Please contact reception for costs.
Tennis - there are 8 tennis courts in the park, all available to use free of charge. There's no need to book - just turn up and play. There is no facility at present to hire racquets and balls. If you want to learn new skills or take advantage of tennis coaching at a great price, sessions are available for all ages.
Athletics Track - the athletics track is used regularly by a variety of local sports and athletics clubs. Due to the high demand this places on the facility, we can only offer bookings to groups and not individuals. For information on how to book the track contact email@example.com
Monday 7 - 9pm Sale Harriers
Tuesday 9.30am - 3pm Adapted Cycling with Wythenshawe Wheelers
- Tuesday 6 - 7pm Winston Runners
Tuesday 6 - 8pm Manchester Harriers
Tuesday 6.30-8pm Sale Harriers
Wednesday 9.30am - 12noon Adapted Cycling with Wythenshawe Wheelers
- Wednesday 6 - 8pm Sale Harriers main club training night
Thursday 10 - 12noon Second Chance Cycle Club
Thursday 5 - 9pm Manchester Harriers
Thursday 6.30-8pm Sale Harriers
Friday 9.30am - 3pm Adapted Cycling with Wythenshawe Wheelers (term time only)
- Saturday 1-3pm Adapted Cycling with Wythenshawe Wheelers
Saturday 10.30am- 12.30pm Sale Harriers
Sunday 10.30am-12.30pm Sale Harriers
Contact details for the clubs listed above:
- Wythenshawe Wheelers contact Sue Blaylock on 07753 428 937 or visit their website
- Sale Harriers contact Dave Rogers on 07804 892 080 or visit the Sale Harriers website
- Winston Runners contact Margaret Carleton on 0161 998 3141 or visit their website
- Manchester Harriers email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website