Appeal a bus lane fine
How do I appeal?
Only the registered owner of the vehicle can appeal under one of the following categories:
- the alleged contravention did not occur - You can see a photo of the incident (allow 24 hours) to help determine this.
- you have received a fixed penalty notice from the Police for the same contravention; (we will inform you which ticket will be upheld. Both cannot be pursued)
- you were not the owner of the vehicle on the date the notice was issued;
- you are vehicle rental company;
- the vehicle was under the control of a vehicle trader who signed a PCN accepting responsibility whilst the vehicle is in their control;
- the vehicle was taken without consent;
- the penalty charge exceeds the relevant amount;
- you should pay the fine or
- appeal the fine, by completing the
- we will review your case and if the appeal is successful, we will cancel the fine and, depending on how you appealed, confirm via email or letter;
- if your appeal is rejected, we allow 14 days from the date of our response to pay the reduced charge of £30.
- If you are unhappy with our response, we will send you a Notice of Rejection letter and you can then appeal online to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT).
- if you choose to appeal to the TPT, you will no longer be offered the opportunity to pay the reduced fine of £30
The TPT is an independent organisation. A lawyer will examine your case and any decision that is made is final and binding on both sides.
Stage 3 - Charge Certificate
If at the end of 28 days you have not paid or appealed the fine we will issue a Charge Certificate and increase the penalty.