The Brontës sisters, Charlotte (1816–1855), Emily (1818–1848), and Anne (1820–1849), were all well-known poets and novelists in the 19th century.
This is part of the Moss Side collection which is made up of: Gaskell, De Quincey, Gleave Bronte collections. John Albert Green, the librarian from 1895 of the then independent Moss Side Library, persuaded several local and international collectors as well as relatives of famous authors to donate their collections to our library. The Coleridge collections also belonged to him.
- the books and pamphlets collected by Joseph James Gleave of Whalley Range relating to the Bronte sisters, that were donated to Moss Side library at the turn of the century
- early editions of the sisters' books
- numerous newspaper cuttings from the early part of the 20th century
How to access
Online services this weekend
There may be some disruption to our online benefits systems this weekend. Please keep trying. Sorry for any inconvenience.×