About the market
New Smithfield Market is the largest wholesale market in the North West of England, occupying a 35 acre site just two and a half miles from Manchester city centre. Within easy reach of the M56, M60, M62 motorways and Manchester Airport, our market provides direct access to customers at a local and regional level, while providing a superb base for distribution nationally and to mainland Europe.
New Smithfield Market is open to both the trade and the public. General trading times are as follows, but please note these are subject to individual business and seasonal variations:
- Monday - Friday from 2:30am - 12:30pm (closed Christmas Day)
- Saturdays from 2:30am - 11:00am
We also usually open on Sunday for the Sunday Market and Car Boot.
Whitworth Street, Openshaw, M11 2WJ
From Monday to Saturday, visitor parking is free of charge. HGVs and other commercial vehicles may be charged a fee for long stay parking.
On Sundays parking is £2, or £1 for Blue Badge holders.
Things to know
- Children under 16 are not allowed on the market, except on Sundays. They must be accompanied by an adult.
- We don't allow dogs.
- Smoking isn't allowed anywhere on the market
- We restrict vehicle access and may check your vehicle before it's allowed on site.
Interested in becoming a trader?
You must place an expression of interest if you want to trade on the wholesale market.
We also let people trade casually to customers or sell from a car boot each Sunday.
More information about this market
If you're interested in filming or taking pictures on our market, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 234 1010