This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why we require your data, and the legal basis on which we do this.
This privacy notice relates to our Development Team service. It provides additional information that specifically relates to this particular service, and should be read together with our general privacy notice, which provides more detail.
What personal information does this service use?
We use personal information, such as:
- contact details (email address, phone number).
What is your personal information used for?
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
- to enable us to negotiate and agree the terms for the sale or lease of our land and property
- to enable us to manage our land and property
- to maintain our accounts and records.
What is the lawful basis we are relying on?
We collect and use this information to enable us to negotiate, agree and perform the terms of contracts relating to the sale or lease of our land and property (Article 6(1)(b) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (‘UK GDPR’)).
Where has the personal information come from?
Information is provided by you.
Who will we share your personal information with?
Your personal data is shared securely where it is both necessary and appropriate to do so.
We share your personal data with the following organisations:
- Manchester City Council’s property management agent. This will only be necessary when entering into a leasehold or licence agreement with Manchester City Council, otherwise they will not receive your information. They will use your contact information only to deal with management issues concerning any lease / licence agreement you enter into, such as lease inspections and compliance.
- Other Council Departments – This will be necessary when entering into Legal agreements such as a leasehold . In this case the Legal department, for example, will require your contact details, or those of your representative, in order to complete negotiations.
How long will we keep your information?
Our retention schedule sets out how long we keep personal information for.
Your personal information and your rights
You can find out more about your rights regarding the personal information used for this service. Your rights apply to the information held by the Council as a data controller, and the information we hold on behalf of the other data controllers.
Contacting us about your data and updates
If you have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you're unhappy about how we process your information.