This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why the Council requires your data, and the legal basis on which it does this. This privacy notice relates to the Council’s Fleet Service. It provides additional information that specifically relates to this particular service, and should be read together with our general privacy notice.
What personal information does this service use?
This service uses personal information, such as:
- telephone numbers
- email addresses
- date of birth
What is your personal information used for?
We use your personal data for the following reasons:
- hiring vehicles to you
- hiring plant & equipment to you
- supplying fuel to you
- contacting you to arrange maintenance, repairs, servicing and tyre requests
- sharing information with other council services and organisations (eg Penalty Charge Notices - Parking and Bus Lane offences)
- reporting traffic accidents you have been involved in, either as a driver, passenger or witness, to our insurance company.
What is the lawful basis we are relying on?
The power or provision of this service is based in statute. The key laws we rely on is:
- section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - Providing requested details to the Police Authority (Fixed Penalty Notices)
- section 170(2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 - Obtaining details from individuals involved in a road traffic accident
- transport Act 2000 - Parking Enforcement - Providing requested details to the local Authority (Fixed Penalty Notices)
- bus lane Contravention Regulations 2005 - Providing requested details to the Local Authority (Fixed Penalty Notices).
Where has your personal information come from?
- directly from you
- directly from your manager/employer
Who will we share your personal information with?
Your personal data is shared securely with the following organisations where it is both necessary and appropriate to do so.
We share your personal data with the following organisations:
- insurance providers
- other Council services
- the police.
How long will we keep your information?
Our retention schedule sets out how long we keep personal information for.
Your personal information and your rights
You can find out more about your rights regarding the personal information used for this service. Your rights apply to the information held by the Council as a data controller, and the information we hold on behalf of the other data controllers.
Contacting us about your data and updates