This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why the Council requires your data, and the legal basis on which it does this. This privacy notice relates to the Council’s Pest Control Service. It should be read together with our general privacy notice, which provides more detail.
What personal information does this service use?
This service collects and uses the following personal information;
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
We may also collect and use the following sensitive information about you which is known as special category personal information. This is because this will inform the environmental risk assessment and may affect the types of treatments used in your property and/or how these are administered.
What is your personal information used for?
The Council uses your personal data for the following reasons:
- To respond to your enquiries
- Arranging Pest Control treatments you or your Housing provider has requested
- Sharing information about the Pest Control treatments you have had with your Housing provider.
- To analyse pest infestation outbreaks across the city enabling us to proactively target treatment areas.
- To protect public health and to safeguard vulnerable adults and children.
- To perform any of our statutory enforcement duties in accordance with the Prevention of Damage by Pest Act 1949.
What is the lawful basis we are relying on?
We collect and use this information under Article 6 and Article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- It is necessary for us to perform our public tasks (Art 6(1)(E))
- It is necessary to protect public health (Art 9(2)(i))
Where has your personal information come from?
- Someone nominated by you to provide us with your information
- Your housing provider
- Other organisations or service providers
Who will we share your personal information with?
Your personal data is shared securely with the following organisations where it is both necessary and appropriate to do so.
- Housing providers
- Other Council services such as environmental protection and social services
- United Utilities Ltd if there is a drainage / sewerage issue.
- Public Health and external Environmental Health Service Providers
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected to deliver future treatment and revisits. We will also retain your information for any monitoring requirements from the Housing Provider under the terms of our contract. At the end of that retention period your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised so it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Our retention schedule sets out how long we keep personal information for.
Your personal information and your rights
You can find out more about your rights regarding the personal information used for this service. Your rights apply to the information held by the Council as a data controller, and the information we hold on behalf of the other data controllers.
Contacting us about your data and updates