This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why the Council requires your data, and the legal basis on which it does this. This privacy notice relates to the Council’s Work and Skills Service. It provides additional information that specifically relates to this particular service, and should be read together with our general privacy notice.
What personal information does this service use?
We use personal information about you, such as your name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number.
What is your personal information used for?
We use your personal data to contact you with information about the following:
- Business services and events that we deliver or fund; business news and legislation; consultations to seek your views about our services and key developments in the city; business to business requests; and opportunities to support local people, schools and charities.
- Careers Advice and Guidance including opportunities in apprenticeships; growth sectors and labour market information; work experience, volunteering and training opportunities; events and opportunities in schools.
- Welfare Reform and support available to get into work including work clubs; employment events; Department of Work and Pensions information; jobs and careers fairs.
- Work and Skills Team related information such as information on our annual conference; partnership events we support, co-ordinate and deliver.
- To assess the effectiveness and take up of our information service and to identify the types of users so that it can be better tailored to meet the needs of our partners, businesses and residents.
- We may send you information about events and activities in the city but we will only do this with your consent under Article 6 (1) (a) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (‘UK GDPR’).
Some of this comes under the Localism Act 2011
What is the lawful basis we are relying on?
We will only use your personal data where it is necessary and we are under a legal obligation to do so (Art 6(1)(c) of the UK GDPR), or where it is necessary in order to perform our public tasks and duties as a Local Authority (Art 6(1)(e) of the UK GDPR).
Where has your personal information come from?
Any personal information we hold about you will come directly from you.
How long will we keep your information?
Our retention schedule sets out how long we keep personal information for.
Your personal information and your rights
You can find out more about your rights regarding the personal information used for this service. Your rights apply to the information held by the Council as a data controller, and the information we hold on behalf of the other data controllers.
Contacting us about your data and updates