To collect money from the public or sell goods on the street for charitable purposes, a permit is required from us. Rules apply:
- Collections are not permitted in a municipal park or within Piccadilly Gardens;
- Only one charity may collect at the same time in the same place;
- A charity may only collect on one Saturday and one Sunday within the City Centre per year:
- Collections may only last for seven consecutive days;
- A charity may only be granted one collection in any three month period; and
- Collections may only take place between 8am to 6pm.
- 28 days’ notice is required to apply for a street collection permit
The following information is required when the application is submitted:
- Proof that you are authorised to collect on behalf of the charity;
- Bank account details the proceeds will be paid into;
- Accounts for the charities previous year;
- Supporting literature about the organisation you are collecting for;
- For certain areas, authorisation from the land owner giving you permission to collect within their grounds (ie Etihad stadium, inside the Arndale Centre, railways stations etc)
A statement of return completed by a qualified accountant, detailing the amount received and the expenses incurred should be submitted within one month following each collection. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and guidance notes
Processing and timescales
The application will be processed within 28 working days.
If the application is refused, you have the right to appeal to the Minister of the Cabinet Office within 14 days of the refusal.
Validity and renewalsValid on the day(s) granted only.
Contact us in the first instance by email to email@example.com