- You must observe, respect, and comply with our instructions and requirements in securing the proper management of the market. This includes the instructions and requirements of any authorised Council officer and member of the emergency services.
- At all times extend normal courtesy to all others. Do not use any obscene language, make any comments, or undertake any act that may cause offence or harm.
- We will not accept discriminatory or abusive behaviour. Everyone must feel free to attend our markets without fear of discrimination or harassment. The council has a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination, harassment, or abuse against our staff. All staff have the right to work in a safe environment where they are protected from discrimination, abuse, or harassment. Any form of discrimination, harassment or abuse is unacceptable, and will be treated as a serious breach.
- Comply with any legal obligations relevant to your business, and conduct your business in an honest, civil, and business-like manner. Do not cause any nuisance, obstruction, or interference to users or neighbours of the market.
- Do not obstruct or hinder any other person in the proper use of the market or any market fittings and apparatus.
- Do not come onto the market when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Go back to the Manchester Markets Service Standard index page.