Name of venue
People's History Museum
0161 838 9190
Approved room and capacity
Engine Hall (max occupancy - 200 persons),
Coal Store (max occupancy - 65 persons),
Meeting Room (max occupancy - 27 persons),
Main Gallery 1 (max occupancy - 86 persons),
Main Gallery 2 (max occupancy - 59 persons),
Changing Exhibition Gallery (max occupancy - 96 persons)
Make a radical choice!
Choose the People's History Museum for your wedding or civil partnership ceremony, a venue that celebrates ideas worth fighting for.
The museum tells the story of people joining together in Britain's struggle for democracy. The museum’s wedding and civil partnership spaces are situated within a stunning grade II listed building that has been restored to its original glory, skilfully combining an iconic contemporary museum with the exceptional architecture of an Edwardian hydraulic pump house.
Services can take place in the following spaces:
· The Engine Hall; the wonderfully restored Edwardian Engine Hall is a magnificent setting for a special event, featuring an ornate glass ceiling and tiled walls that epitomise the industrial pride of the Edwardian era
· The Coal Store; features restored brick walls and a double height vaulted wooden ceiling
· The Meeting Room; a light airy room with the spectacular adjoining space, the Accumulator Tower
· Changing Exhibition Gallery; a space housing approximately two exhibitions per year, including many original features from the time the building was a working hydraulic pumping station
· The main galleries; the main story of the museum is told in two purpose built galleries located on the first and second floor. The galleries have been divided into seven themes and roughly follow a chronological order over the last 200 years:
- Main Gallery One; starts with the Peterloo Massacre of 1819 and goes up to 1945, including sections on Revolution, Reformers, Workers and Voters
- Main Gallery Two; starts post WWII and goes up to the present day, including sections on Citizens, Time Off? and Banners
Celebrations continue afterwards in the Engine Hall, Coal Store or onsite cafe bar, The Left Bank.
Catering is provided by Couture, who specialise in delicious, freshly prepared food and bespoke menus.
Katy Archer - Director
Cath Birchall - Deputy Director
Janneke Geene - Development Manger
Sarah Vince - Development Officer