Manchester City Council celebrates Disability History Month
Manchester City Council and Greater Manchester Coalition of Disabled People celebrates Disability History Month. A celebration event to recognise UK Disability History Month
The event will be opened by Cllr John Flanagan, lead member for Disability and closed by Cllr Joanna Midgley, Deputy Leader of Manchester City Council and Executive Member for Equalities. The theme of Disability History Month is Disability, Childhood and Youth.
The event will include:
- Historical talk from Dr Ros Oates, Reader in History at Manchester Metropolitan University, on experiences of deaf children in early modern England
- Performances and speeches from community members
- Community groups panel and stalls
- Self portraits workshop (optional)
- Food and drink included, provided by Open Kitchen. BSL interpreter available.
Please book your place via our Eventbrite page and let us know about dietary and access requirements.