Training and guidance
To help your organisation, venue and employees to be prepared, a wide range of training options are available:
- Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) training - provides a good introduction on how to respond to suspicious activity: Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) E-Learning
- ProtectUK app - sends real-time news and counterterrorism (CT) incident updates from UK Protect, contains the latest practical advice and guidance to help you protect your business, as well as information on how to respond in the event of an attac): ProtectUK app
- Prevent training - designed to safeguard and support vulnerable people from being drawn into terrorism; to access this, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intro to Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) awareness training - a beginners awareness course; apply for the HVM awareness training. Within the application process you will note that there is a requirement for a sponsor – you can use this email address: email@example.com.
- Countering threats from Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) training - provides a high-level understanding of the threats posed by UAS and what can be done to mitigate against these; apply for the UAS training. Within the application process you will note that there is a requirement for a sponsor – you can use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAN training - helps businesses and organisations maximise safety and security using their existing resources
- Counterterrorism Awareness Training - provided by the Counterterrorism Security Advisers (CTSA); if businesses are interested in attending or organising/hosting their own sessions, contact email@example.com to discuss and arrange.
There is also a series of guidance available: