Environmental problems Tackle a noise problem

Noise from licensed premises

If you are experiencing problems from a licensed premises, in the first instance we advise that you try and inform the company causing the issue directly to see if a resolution can be found informally.  Often they are grateful for contact from individuals/residents associations in order to give them an opportunity to address the issues and allow you to reach a compromise between them running their business and your enjoyment of your property. 

Where this is not possible or it is ineffective contact us and we will investigate.

Under the Licensing Act any local resident or business owner can request the review of a premises licence if it is felt that any of the licensing objectives are not being upheld in relation to the premises. As a result of any review that may take place, additional conditions, changes in licensable activities or a restriction in a premises operating hours may be imposed.  

If you are experiencing crime and disorder from a licensed premise, please contact Greater Manchester Police on 999.


Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.