Community Led Housing is where residents come together to take on a leadership role in the design and delivery of their new homes. This is an initiative that we support and we can offer guidance to help community groups through the process.
To support community groups who are looking to deliver community led housing we have series of steps to follow:
1. Completion of a Business Plan, which includes the information below:
- Structure of the group
- Support arrangements - partnerships and funding
- Lead Registered Provider
- Relevant skillset
- Track record – including relationship with the Greater Manchester Community Led Homes (the Hub) and and Registered Providers
- Scale of proposal
- Location for proposal
- Flexibility of location
2. Present a planning compliant proposal that fits in with the city's development strategy and be financially viable.
Our Residential Quality Guide provides an overview of Manchester's development strategy. As this guide was produced prior to 2018, it does not fully meet accessibility guidelines. Apologies for any inconvenience.
3. Once the above has been developed community groups can book an introductory meeting so we can get to know the group and discuss proposals.
Set up a meeting by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.