What is this ?
Hong Kong British Nationals (Overseas) (BN(O)) status holders can apply for a new immigration route, enabling them and their dependents to come to the UK to live, work and study, on a pathway to citizenship. The North West Welcome Hub has been set up to support new arrivals from Hong Kong on the British Nationals (Overseas) visa to access information to help their integration into the UK, including:
- Housing and services
- Access to education
- Starting a business
- English language support
- Applying to access public funds The Government has produced a welcome pack for arrivals from Hong Kong on the British Nationals (Overseas) visa.
The North West Welcome Hub are conducting a survey for newly arrived Hong Kong residents coming to the UK under a BN(O) visa to help improve support across the region. The survey can be completed online.
BN(O) status holders residing in Manchester may find the following links to Manchester City Council services helpful:
- Applying and find out more for a school admissions
- Applying and find out more for a Secondary school place
- Business and investment
- Childcare & nurseries
- Council tax
- Waste collection & bin days
- Work, jobs, training and advice