Benefits and support Keeping your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim right

What you need to tell us about if you get Pension Credit

If you get the guaranteed part of Pension Credit, you have to tell us about the following:

  • changes to do with people who stay or live with you;
    • if anyone comes to stay with you or moves out
    • if anyone who lives with you starts or stops work
    • if there is any change in the income of someone who lives with you
    • if a child leaves school or starts work, or further education
    • if there is a new baby in your household
  • changes in private rents and housing association rents;
    • if the services included in your rent change
    • if the part of the property you live in changes - for example, you may move to a different room in the same property or take on extra rooms
    • if your landlord puts your rent up or down (but council tenants do not need to tell us about changes to their rent)
  • if you move home;
  • if you will be away from home for more than four weeks (for example, a trial period in a care home, or if you go abroad); or
  • if your landlord changes.

If you get only the savings part of Pension Credit and not the guaranteed part, you need to tell us the changes set out above for people on the guaranteed part and :

  • changes to do with a child you're responsible for; or
  • if your savings and investments go over £16,000.

Tell us about your change in circumstances

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.