What types of inspections do we do
As well as inspections for starting and finishing building work, or before occupying a building before it has been completed, the following are some typical stages of building work that we might include in our inspection notification schedule - depending on the type of work being carried out.
- Foundations excavations - before placing concrete
- Damp Proof Courses or other membranes placed over the site to protect the building from damp and/or types of harmful gases. This also includes tanking systems to underground rooms.
- Drainage before it is backfilled
- Drainage after it's been backfilled - to test the integrity of the pipes
- Walls before they are fully enclosed - this might be by way of an inspection at an upper floor or roof level
- When any structural beams or columns have been installed
- Before plaster boarding and plastering is carried out
- To inspect fire safety features
- To assess if any pre-completion sound or air leakage tests are needed
- Any other inspections the we think we should make having regard to the type of work and the methods of construction used.