Business and investment Health and safety

Report an accident at work

The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

What needs to be reported

  • death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises
  • death or hospitalisation of a member of the public
  • disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
  • dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done
  • over seven day injury (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.