The things carers do
Carers do lots of different thing for people at home. You may not realise you are a carer and entitled to help because these are just things you have always done.
The things carers do include:
- Helping someone get around the house – lifting them up, helping them up stairs or doing physiotherapy
- Helping someone look after themselves – dressing, washing or going to the toilet
- Helping with medication – giving tablets or injections
- Housework – doing all or most of the cooking, cleaning or shopping
- Looking after the money – paying the bills or collecting benefits
- Looking after you brothers and sisters – putting them to bed or walking them to school
- Emotional support – keeping someone calm, or just having to be there to make sure they are OK
- Interpreting for someone with a hearing or speech problem or someone who doesn’t speak English.
If you do one or all of these things you may be entitled to help from us or another organisation.
Give us a call on 0161 234 5001 or see other people who can help.