Free childcare if your child is three or four
If your child is three or four years old, you could get 15 hours of free childcare each week for 38 weeks of the year.
To qualify the child must:
- be three or four years old; and
- already go, or plan to go, to an eligible childcare provider in the area covered by Manchester Council.
You can claim up to 15 hours free childcare each week during term-time. Or, if you want to claim less than 15 hours per week, you can spread the total over a longer period.
When you can claim
Start claiming when your child turns three. The date it starts depends on their birthday.
- If their birthday is between 1 January and 31 March, claim from the beginning of the term which starts on or after 1 April
- If their birthday is between 1 April and 31 August, claim at the beginning of the term which starts on or after 1 September
- If their birthday is between 1 September and 31 December, claim at the beginning of the term which starts on or after 1 January
How to claim
If your child is not currently receiving childcare, contact an eligible childcare provider.
If your child is already with an eligible childcare provider, ask the staff at the centre.