Hate crime: we can help
A hate crime or incident is when something happens and you believe it is motivated by the offender's prejudice or hatred of you because of your:
- race, colour, ethnicity, nationality or national origins
- gender or gender orientation
- alternative subculture
- sexual orientation
Hate crimes and incidents can mean different things to different people and may or may not include criminal activity. Types of behaviour that we would investigate could include:
- use or threatened use of violence
- repeated abusive language or behaviour
- damage to property
Does the hate crime or incident you are reporting put, you, your family or your property in immediate danger?
- phone 999 and ask for the police immediately
- phone the police on 101 or report online at the True Vision website; or
- call the Antisocial Behaviour Action Team (ASBAT) on 0161 234 4612 or email them at email@example.com
We encourage you to make a report. When a hate crime or incident is reported an officer will aim to contact you within 1 working day of the complaint being made and will discuss with you how we can help.
We are committed to supporting you and working with partners to prevent further incidents.