The Council and democracy Ask a member of The Executive a question

You can ask a member of The Executive a question about the work we do, specifically in relation to the Council's services, policies and strategies. The answer will be published on our website. 

​If the question relates to your individual circumstances, please refer it to your Local Councillor.

If you have tried to report a problem and it has not been resolved, please give us the opportunity to put things right by contacting the service responsible (listed below), or via our complaints department.

General Enquiries - 0161 234 5000
Adult and Children's Services - 0161 234 5001
Council Tax - 0161 234 5002
Benefits - 0161 234 5003
Environmental Services - 0161 234 5004
Email all services -
Email complaints -

Questions that will not be answered

Unfortunately there are some questions which we can't answer through this channel.

These include questions:

  • ​relating to your individual circumstances
  • about legal action under way, that is judicial or quasi judicial matters
  • about specific planning applications, licence applications, grant applications or appeals
  • relating to a named member of Council staff or Councillor
  • that involve confidential information
  • about party political matters
  • that are defamatory or designed to cause annoyance or distress
  • that have already been published in the past six months.

Questions that have been previously answered

Read previous questions, and the responses.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.