Get bin reminders and latest information
You may now be able to sign up to receive emailed bin alerts. These are messages sent to your email address to:
- Remind you which bins to put out each week, and when
- Let you know if there are any issues with your bin collections and what you should do
Who can sign up?
You can use this service if you live in a property with individual wheelie bins in Manchester City Council areas.
You will not be eligible if you have shared bins, for example if you live in an apartment or flat.
How to sign up
- Visit the post code checker page
- Enter your post code
- Select your address, and if you are eligible, you will be given the option to sign up to alerts
- You can register for one property per email address. If you wish to register for more than one property, you will need to use a different email address
- More than one email address can receive alerts for the same property
- To change your address, enter your new post code and resubscribe (this will override your previous subscription).
If you receive incorrect information in your bin alert email, or if you think you should be able to sign up but are not able to, please fill in a form to let us know.