Help with your home
We want everyone to enjoy life at home. There are lots of services and resources available to give you support if you need it
Help running your home
- Home and property - information about looking for a home, repairs, being energy efficient, homelessness, dealing with a landlord and more
- Housing Options for Older people (HOOP) - if you are having difficulty with any aspect of living in your home, use this site for suggestions on tackling your concerns
- Manchester Care and Repair - a charity working to improve the homes and lives of older and disabled people. Services include advice and support for energy efficiency, home repairs, independent living and those recently home from hospital, plus handyperson services
- Energy efficiency advice - advice on how to save money, help with fuel costs (including grants and loans) and more
- Get social care support - our comprehensive social care pages, including information on who we can help and how, equipment and technology to stay independent, advice if you're a carer and more.
- Help in your home - view the Homes and Housing section of our online directory, to find services providing aids and adaptations, help at home, housing advice and housing-related support.
Crime and nuisance prevention
- Bogus callers at your home - information on what to do if someone you don't know calls at your door
- Beat the burglar - information on how to prevent burglary in your home
- Take Five to Stop Fraud - dealing with unsolicited requests for information or money
- Nuisance telephone calls - visit Ofcom's website for advice on dealing with nuisance callers and messages