Private Hire Operators - A new process for ordering stickers
Following discussions with Operators from 30 November 2019, you will now be responsible for ordering and maintaining your own stock of MCC Identification and Operators (Name) stickers. The Council will review the new process and make changes as and when required.
From 30 November 2019 using the Sticker Request Form you will be able to purchase a stock of:
- MCC Identification Stickers (1x Bonnet Large, 3x Not Insured, 3x no smoking) - Cost £12
- MCC Identification Stickers (1x Bonnet Small, 3x Not Insured, 3x no smoking) - Cost £11.50
- Operator Name Stickers (2x wing, 1x rear window) - Cost £10
Once you have decided how many sticker sets you require please complete the sticker request form.
Upon receipt of the form you will be e-mailed a pre-payment link and asked to pay for the stickers you have requested. Once payment has been received your stickers will be ordered and you will be sent an email when they are ready to collect.
It takes 10 working days for stickers to be printed and delivered to the Lawton Street office
As an Operator you will be responsible
- for maintaining stock levels.
- for ensuring that every vehicle working for you is correctly displaying the required stickers and that they are not damaged/defaced .
- for ensuring that vehicles must only be displaying the stickers relevant to the Operator they are working for.
- for keeping a record of vehicles that you have issued a stickers to, which may be inspected by any MCC compliance Officer upon request.
Vehicles not correctly displaying stickers when going for test will be suspended and a minor re-test will need to be booked and paid for to have them re-inspected.
Stickers will not be obtainable at the garage by drivers after 30 November 2019 (this gives a month to purchase supplies).
Compliance Officers will continue to take action
- when vehicles are found not to be displaying the correct stickers
- where vehicles stickers are defaced/damaged.