The Clean Air Zone is not yet in force.
Find out how the Clean Air Zone will impact you and how to access the funding scheme online at the TfGM Clean Air website.
Use the online vehicle checker to find out if your vehicle is affected or if you're eligible for an exemption and funding support.
For updated information we recommend that you sign up for the Greater Manchester Clean Air Plan Newsletter. Alternatively, if you have any other queries, email the team at email@example.com or call them on 0161 244 1333.
The clean air zone is not currently in force.
We will only be able to give further information here once it's in force. In the meantime, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) have asked that we publish this message:
Update summary from TfGM:
- The revised GM Clean Air Plan has been delayed once again, due to the Government advising that bus retrofit data may not be reliable. The Government is undertaking further investigation to determine reliability of retrofitting buses
- Bus retrofit data is really key to the business case that GM is making for a non-charging clean air plan
- Until the issue over bus retrofit data is sorted, a final plan cannot be agreed between GM and Government
- The previous funding secured for a Clean Taxi Fund is still held by GM and planned for supporting vehicle owners to replace non-compliant vehicles
- Until a final plan is agreed, it may not be possible to open any further funds any time soon (discussions are ongoing with Government about what is possible before a new plan is agreed)
- Even if/when funds are opened, it is not guaranteed that all applicants will be successful, so vehicle owners should plan as best as possible to upgrade their non-compliant vehicle over the next 12-24 months
- Licensees are advised to visit the GM Clean Air FAQs and sign up to updates on the TfGM website but we will also notify you as soon as we hear anything