Booking process and fees
Making your application
Your application will be assessed to ensure it meets our criteria:
- You must complete an application form at least 28 days before your proposed date. Ideally, you should apply as soon as you know the proposed date, as applications are considered on a 'first come first served' basis
- Give as much detail as possible about the proposed event; you will be asked to confirm that your event management team will adhere to the conditions of use and confirm compliance with the relevant legislations
- Submit a copy of your Public Liability Insurance certificate, with a minimum cover of £10 million (larger events may require a large liability amount
Once you know the space you want to use, use our online booking application form to start the booking process. We will either approve it in principle, or - if we reject it - we will provide feedback explaining our reasons. If you'd like to amend and resubmit an application, you should contact the team to discuss.
Approval in principle
When your application has been approved in principle, you will need to submit additional documents;
- a risk assessment
- site and event management plan, which includes running order of event and waste management plan
- details of how your event will meet current health and safety regulations.
You must submit these additional documents within 14 days of the agreement in principle (and at least 14 days before the event) or your booking will be cancelled.
When your additional documents have been approved, you will receive a letter of consent for your event. Your booking is not guaranteed until you have received this letter.
Once your booking is confirmed
You will be invoiced within 30 days of receiving your consent letter. All invoices must be paid within 30 days of receipt.
In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to change the location or conditions of use for your event. You will be notified at the earliest opportunity of any changes, and where possible an alternative location will be offered.
Charges for events in our city centre and parks range from £800 - £1,600 per day. Rates are reduced for bookings of more than two days, or for Manchester businesses. To discuss prices for your event email us at email@example.com
- A discounted rate of £250 per day (at selected sites only) is available to public sector, voluntary or charity organisations, subject to availability.
- Registered charities may apply for up to two days free per year (at selected sites only) subject to availability.
- Site fees do not include additional licensing costs: if you need a License for your event, or bollard access, parking suspension or road closures, you will need to apply and pay for those separately
- If cleaning costs are incurred as a result of your event you will be invoiced for both the cleaning costs and any additional administrative costs
- If your event requires support from Manchester City Council employees, additional fees will be charged, and you will be notified of these at the time of application.
- You will be liable for full reinstatement costs and any administrative fees for damage to public realm as a result of your event or activity. Reinstatement will be completed to our satisfaction. Public realm includes, but is not limited to, highways, street furniture, bollards, turf, paving, drainage, planters, and plants. We will inspect each site before and after events: any damage incurred as a result of the event will be charged to the applicant.
- The Council reserves the right to waive or reduce fees if an event demonstrates significant benefit to the City of Manchester.