Your health is very important.
Good health means your mind and body are working well. If you’re healthy when you’re young, it will help you grow up fit, happy and strong so you can enjoy life. If you’re healthy, you’ll look better, have more energy and feel more confident. It also makes it less likely you’ll get ill, now or later.
To be healthy, it’s important to:
- keep yourself clean - washing regularly and brushing your teeth fights the germs that cause diseases and tooth decay
- eat good food, including lots of fruit and vegetables, to keep you going - and growing
- get lots of exercise and fresh air, to build up your strength and stamina
- get enough sleep at night and relaxation time during the day, so you can unwind and beat the stress
- avoid dangerous things like alcohol, smoking and illegal drugs - they damage your body and your feelings