Manchester City Council

Social services Being adopted

Where to get help with problems

If you have problems or difficulties, first talk to your own social worker. If you don’t want to talk to your social worker, you can contact the children’s rights service, who can help you make a complaint. Call them on 0800 032 5647.

They can also help you contact Ofsted, the Government department that checks the work of adoption agencies in England and Wales. You can call them on 0800 528 0731.

They spend lots of time listening to what children and young people living away from home have to say about how they are looked after.

You can make a formal complaint by phoning our complaints officer on 0161 234 4078, or you can ask your social worker or carer for a copy of the complaints leaflet called ‘Are you being heard?’

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?