Essential maintenance

All customer accounts and most forms will be unavailable from 4pm on Saturday 2 December until Sunday 3 December.


The Council and democracy Transcript of the Voter ID film

Voter ID animation script  

Local elections are happening across Greater Manchester on 4 May. 

If you want to vote in a polling station, you'll need to be registered to vote and take your photo ID with you on the day. 

You may already have a form of photo ID that is acceptable, including certain passports and driving licences (including some provisional licences), a blue badge, or some concessionary travel cards and national identity cards, as well as Identity cards with a PASS hologram.  

You can use an accepted form of photo ID, if it’s out of date, as long as the photo still looks like you.

Or you can use your recently applied for Voter Authority Certificate.

You can find a full list of eligible photo ID at

If your Voter Authority Certificate hasn't arrived, if you have lost our voter ID, or if you need any other help, you can contact your local council.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.