Parking Vehicle clamping and releasing

Vehicle clamping

Your vehicle can be clamped if:

  • you are a persistent offender and evader of parking tickets (i.e. those with three or more unpaid parking tickets and haven’t challenged them within the timeframes given)
  • you continually disregard parking and bus lane regulations
  • your vehicle is not registered with the DVLA
  • your vehicle is untaxed. 

What to do

If your vehicle has been clamped you need to call 0161 234 4149 between 8am and 5pm. If you don't call to make payment, your vehicle is likely to be removed to the pound which can be reached on 0161 234 4144 between 10am and 7pm.

We need to see proof that you are the owner before vehicle clamps can be released. You must show us a valid:

  • log book (V5), showing date of purchase or valid hire/lease agreement
  • insurance certificate
  • driving licence

As well as two forms of address confirmation:

  • council tax bill
  • utility bill (dated within the last three months)
  • tenancy agreement

How much does it cost to recover my vehicle?

Manchester Vehicle Pound

Telephone: 0161 234 4149

20 Rondin Road
M12 6BF

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.