How do I appeal?
Only the registered owner of the vehicle can appeal under one of the following categories:
- the alleged contravention did not occur;
- you have also received a fixed penalty notice from the Police for the same contravention; (we will inform you which ticket will be upheld. Both cannot be pursued)
- you were not the owner of the vehicle on the date the notice was issued;
- you are the registered owner but a hire company;
- the vehicle was under the control of a vehicle trader who signed a PCN accepting responsibility whilst the vehicle is in their control;
- the vehicle was taken without consent;
- the penalty charge exceeds the relevant amount;
Stage 1 - Receiving the Penalty Charge Notice
- you should visit our parking fine portal to pay the PCN or
- challenge the PCN, visit our parking fine portal to appeal against a bus lane fine;
- we will review your case and if appeal successful, we will cancel the PCN;
- if your appeal is rejected, we allow 14 days from the date of our response to pay the reduced charge of £30.00.
Stage 2 - Appeal
- if we reject your appeal we will explain why with details on how to appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT). The decision made by the TPT is final and binding;
- however, if you choose to appeal to the TPT, you will no longer be offered the opportunity to pay the reduced PCN of £30.00
Stage 3 - Charge Certificate
If at the end of a 28 days you have not paid or appealed the PCN we will issue a Charge Certificate and increase the penalty.