Benefits and support Find out if you can get Council Tax Support

The quickest and easiest way to check if you can claim Council Tax Support is to use our claim calculator.

We need your details and those of anyone else you live with. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information now - you can save the form and come back to it later.

You don't need to use the calculator if you are making a new claim for Universal Credit. Read what to do instead.

If you are pension-age we will also work out if you can get something called Second Adult Rebate to help with Council Tax. If you qualify for it, and it would make you better off than being on Council Tax Support, we will pay that instead.

Most students are exempt from Council Tax or get a reduction so don't need to claim Council Tax Support. See money off council tax for students and people who live with students.

See the full rules for who can get Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?