School meals must meet certain standards by law. They must contribute to a healthy, balanced diet.
- high-quality meat, poultry or oily fish
- at least two portions of fruit and vegetables
- bread, other cereals and potatoes
- fizzy drinks, crisps, chocolate or sweets in school meals and vending machines
- more than two portions of deep-fried food a week
So you can be sure that your child is getting the right nutrition and energy to see them through the school day. Children who eat a good, healthy meal concentrate better at school and are less likely to have time off.
Many Manchester schools use our own catering service, Manchester Fayre.
See if your child’s school uses Manchester Fayre. Check our menus, standards and costs.