10,000 steps challenge at Heaton Park
Walking more, whether it's for work or leisure, is an easy way of being more active without trying too hard.
Setting yourself a target of walking 10,000 steps in a day can be a fun way of increasing the amount of physical activity you do.
Sometimes overlooked as a form of exercise, walking can help you build stamina, burn excess calories and give you a healthier heart.
We have various measured walks through the park that will help you meet the challenge of 10,000 steps!
Approximate steps in brackets:
- Our one mile walk (2,000 steps)
- The 3km walk (3,750 steps)
- The 5km walk (6,250 steps)
- The 3 mile walk (6,000 steps)
Rather than driving to the centre of the park consider walking from our car parks.
- St Margaret's Car Park (1,250 steps)
- Lake Car Park is approx (1,450 steps)
- Golf Car Park (1,250 Steps)
For more information about the 10,000 step challenge visit NHS Choices for more idea's and advice.