We have been talking to many different community groups about the new rules in the Elections Act and how they impact voting. We want to help you understand these changes and how they affect your vote. We also want to tell you how to sign up for voting and share useful info about the voting process.
Our website will still host up to date information on elections which you can find on our elections homepage.
To help with this we've also put together an Elections Outreach Pack with ten fact sheets to assist everyone in the community with their voting.
We encourage everyone to give them a read and kindly share them with family and friends, particularly those who may not have internet access or may need additional assistance.
The ten fact sheets in the Elections Outreach Pack are:
- The Elections Act - key changes in the elections and voting process
- Voter ID - what photo ID you need to vote in a polling station, and how to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate if you do not posses such ID
- Accessibility and elections - how we are helping disabled voters and voters where English is not your first language with practical support to vote in a polling station
- Ensuring elections are fair - how we have helped to support different groups in the community in the voting process
- Our polling stations - information on how to find your local polling station for an election and what support will be provided by staff on polling day
- Electoral registration - how to register for elections in Manchester
- Anonymous electors - how to register for an election and ensure your name does not appear on the electoral register for your own safety
- New Parliamentary constituencies - the new Parliamentary seats in Manchester for the upcoming UK election and how to register for the election
- Voting and public services - the services provided by the Council, Greater Manchester Combined Authority and the UK Government and how to get in touch with your elected representatives
- Online absent voting - the new process that allows you to register online for a postal or a temporary proxy vote for elections