Homes and property Home improvement assistance

Does your home need essential repairs? Do you live in an area covered by Manchester City Council? Do you own your home and have lived there for at least five years? If so, our partner Home Improvement Agency, Manchester Care & Repair may be able to help.

If you are on a low income and/or have long term health conditions, they may be able to help you access funding to pay for the work, such as low-cost home improvement loans, repaid at affordable monthly repayments.

Where there is an urgent risk to your Health & Safety, they may be able to help you to access grant assistance.

If you are not eligible for financial assistance but are over 60, they could help you find someone to do the work through their free Home Repairs Support Service.

Priority is given where there's an urgent risk to health and safety and to people who get certain benefits and suffer from a long-term health condition.

For more information contact Manchester Care & Repair on 0161 872 5500 or visit

You can also find out about energy efficiency improvements to your home.

Download the Manchester home improvement and relocation assistance policy.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.