Homes and property Repair problems in a home rented from a non-profit organisation

Your landlord is responsible for repairs if you rent from a housing association or other non-profit landlord.

What you can do

Contact your landlord to order the repair.

Your tenancy agreement with your landlord gives you the right to get repairs done within a reasonable time.

Also see advice about repairs in social housing on the Shelter website

If the landlord is not responding to your requests

If you are not satisfied with your landlord's response, you can make an official complaint. Your landlord's website will tell you how to do this.

Find your landlord's details at: 


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.