Technical issues

Sorry, we're experiencing technical problems with some of our forms and some requests may not be processed at this time. We will provide further information when we can.


Homes and property Report a repair to your landlord

Problems with a private landlord or agent

Your landlord, or their agent, has legal responsibilities to manage your tenancy fairly and to keep your home up to a decent standard. As a private tenant you also have rights and responsibilities too.

Good landlords, agents and tenants can sign up to our Manchester renting pledge to show a public commitment to good standards in private renting.

Get advice

If your landlord or agent doesn't come up to the standards, get advice straight away. If:

Rights and responsibilities

See more about private renting rights and responsibilities, and dealing with landlord and agent problems:

Nothing was done when repairs were reported

You need to start a formal procedure.

Make a complaint

If you want to make a complaint about a private landlord or agent, get in touch with them directly.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.