Schools, education and childcare School places for children with special educational needs

Primary school children

If your child does not have an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP)

Children without an EHCP go to a mainstream school. Please apply for a primary place online on this website. 

This applies if your child is going through an SEN statutory assessment, but doesn’t have an EHCP.

Every school has a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator you can contact using the list of primary schools.

Please contact us if you're not clear what to do.

If your child has an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP)

Schools must accept a child with an EHCP. We will work with you to choose your child's school. 

Please contact our:

Statutory Assessment Team
1st Floor
Universal Square
Devonshire Street North
Manchester M12 6JH

Phone: 0161 245 7439
Fax: 0161 274 7084

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?